The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The 45th Circle Time: The Show and Tell Weekly Thread

Show and Tell is wasted on elementary schoolers. Join several dozen bloggers weekly to show off an item, tell a story, and get the attention of the class. In other words, this is Show and Tell 2.0. Everyone is welcome to join, even if you have never posted before and just found out about Show and Tell for the first time today. So yank out a photo of the worst bridesmaid's dress you ever wore and tell us the story; show off the homemade soup you cooked last night; or tell us all about the scarf you made for your first knitting project. Details on how to participate are located at the bottom of this post.

Let's begin.

Josh and I were having lunch with a friend. When our bowls of soup arrived, I pulled out my camera and started snapping pictures. She didn't really understand what I meant by "this is perfect for Show and Tell!"

My favourite soup. It's a vegetarian pho ga with tofu instead of chicken and a garlic broth. It is so damn good. What is your favourite kind of soup?

What are you showing today?

Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (hint: link to the permalink for the post, not the main url for your blog and use your blog's name, not your name). The list is open from now until late Tuesday night and a new one is posted every week.

Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:

1. Life After Infertility & Loss
2. Weebles Wobblog
3. infertility rocks!
4. Bodhi eKa H
5. The Johnson's Have Angel Wings
6. one- hit_ wonder
7. Kristin/ Dragondreamer's Lair
8. An Unwanted Path
9. On The Road to Baby
10. Wise Guy
11. Tubeless in Seattle
12. A View On My Life
13. Fractured Rainbows
14. Holly
15. Parenthood for Me
16. My So- Called Life
17. The Infertile Sushi- loving Princess
18. A very open book - judy
19. A Fifth Season
20. Alana- isms
21. Life Induces Thoughts, mostly random
22. Mrs Spock
23. Taylor
24. Elizabeth - Project Progeny
25. The Road Less Travelled/ Loribeth
26. Cyster A.C.T.
27. Bluebird
28. Baby Smiling In Back Seat
29. beebles
30. Hope Endures
31. Emma - Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Pampers




Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
  • If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Saturday night (or earlier in the week or on Monday if you can't do the weekend), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Saturday night and closes on Tuesday night.
  • You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
  • Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog's main url--use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
  • Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good "ooooh" and "aaaah" and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
  • Did you post a link and now it's missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.

38 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

That looks so healthful and tasty!

I can't pick just one. But in the running are butternut squash soup, a really good lentil soup, and my husband's Summer-in-a-Bowl, gazpacho soup.

Now I'm drooling...

JuliaS said...

Oh gosh - that looks really really really good!

My fave soup? Toss up between my homemade meatball with green beans or broccoli and cheddar.

Today is perfect soup weather here too - cold, gray and rainy!

'Murgdan' said...

Holy CRAP that looks SO good! I love a good Corn Chowder myself...or a black bean vegetarian chili...so many soups, so little time.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Makes my mouth water!!!! I think I like homemade cheese and potato soup...definitely food for soul!

We have Angel Wings said...

Holy Cow! That soup looks amazing!

I love my grandma's homemade Cheesy Potato Soup - my mouth is watering just typing this.

one-hit_wonder said...

That looks delicious, and it inspired my own Show & Tell!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

That soup looks amazing... but I would likely opt for the chicken (haven't acquired a taste for tofu yet). My favourite soup is the italian sausage tortellini soup that I make occasionally. Nice and thick, with tons of veggies!

Stacie said...

That soup does look yummy! I had to laugh at the mental picture of your friend trying to figure out what you're doing with the camera. :-)

My favorite is abondigas soup (spanish meatball). Isaac is a pro at making it. It always warms me up, especially when it is cold and rainy outside.

GINA and KEV said...

That soup looks and sounds divine.

Being a vegetarian, I'm always on the lookout for good restaurant soups. Asian spots always seem to offer the best variety for vegetarians.

I once had a soup at my husband's favorite local Asian restaurant that had the thinnest tofu shaved into strips and tied into bows. Not my favorite, but definitely interesting.

AwkwardMoments said...

That soup looks amazing!

Kristin said...

That looks delicious. I love almost any homemade soup and rarely make one from a recipe.

Bea said...

Oh my goodness. I want that soup, and now.

I don't really have a favourite - it depends on what day you ask. But today - that's it, right there.

Bea

Carrie said...

That looks so awesome! I love soup in all forms, but will have to admit to being a cream-based soup kind of girl. Put some cream of anything in front of me and watch out. :) Cream of broccoli or a nice clam chowder (I do live in Seattle) and I am a happy girl!

Happy Show and Tell!

Carrie

AnotherDreamer said...

That looks so yummy!!!

I used to like Chicken and Dumplings, but now I eat Fake Chicken and Dumplings in Veggie Broth. Yum.

Rebecca said...

Wow, that soup is beautiful! Looks heavenly.

My favorite soup is a toss up between baked potato soup and chicken and dumplings...without the chicken. LOL

Malky B. said...

Soup looks delic. Great job photographing food - not always easy to get a good shot.

My favorite soup is French onion.

luna said...

OH that looks SO yummy!!

battynurse said...

Great pic. I'm sorry the soup doesn't look that good to me. But then I hate tofu and onions (which I saw there) so I'm just a party pooper. I'd say my favorite soup is either just a pain vegie beef or chicken and dumplings.

Betty M said...

I'm a clear soup with identifiable "bits" kind of girl so that soup looks great to me. I love soups with noodles or rice.

Anonymous said...

That looks delectable! I am such a soup fan.

caitsmom said...

Yummy!

Alana said...

I'm not a broccoli person, yet the soup looks delicious!

My favorite is baked potato soup. Yum!

MrsSpock said...

I'm not a big Asian food fan- but that looks delish!

Beautiful Mess said...

MMM that looks really yummy. It's making me hungry. Oh I have Chinese leftovers in the fridge...YAY!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so stoked I finally was able to get my act together to do this!

That soup looks sooooo good... I think my favorite is Bolivian peanut soup. Although you know, I really really like Ramen noodles too. Lame!

loribeth said...

You're making me hungry, Mel! I love soup. My favourites would be Campbell's cream of tomato, lentils, & broccoli cheese.

Jamie said...

Oh, goodness! That soup makes my mouth water!

I eat most of my soup at work, since I'm here so often and all. They make a roasted red pepper that is to die for and also a great Italian wedding soup. Based solely on looks, I was a little skeptical of the wedding soup but it is delish. And both are great with a grilled cheese!

Io said...

MMMM. I am waiting for Al to finish dinner and this is NOT helping.
I love his vegetable soup. And chicken noodle is always a winner. The matzoh ball soup that my college roommate made. The gazpacho I used to eat in Connecticut. I could probably go on forever.

Taylor said...

Looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oooo your pictures are making me hungry !

My favorite soup is probably chicken and sweetcorn or plain old tomato.

Soup for dinner today I think !

Billy said...

Looks yummy!!
As for my favourite I think tomato and minestrone and vegetable are on the top of the list, but I do love soups in general.

Rebecca said...

Chicken noodle, no contest.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

That looks great!

I've been craving soup a lot lately. The flavors vary -- butternut, potato, corn chowder. I'm lucky to have multiple places in the area that make vegetarian soups, since most soups in general are made with chicken or other meat broth.

My all-time favorite is French onion, but I can almost never find a veggie version of that so I have to make my own -- which I am usually too lazy to do.

sunflowerchilde said...

That soup looks SO YUMMY! My favorite soup of all time is the cream of broccoli soup at a place called Stuffed In in Berkeley, CA. I ate that soup once a week, every week, for 4 years when I was a student. I miss it a lot now that I'm in the real world.

Otherwise, I love soup in general and can't pick just one - tomato basil, butternut squash, clam chowder, split pea, French onion, potato leek - yeah, I definitely can't pick a favorite!

Jennifer said...

Mmmmm...that soup looks so tasty! My favorite soup used to be anything in a bread bowl (pre-gluten-free days). Now I think it has to be cannellini bean soup with kale. It sounds strange, but tastes really good!

nancy said...

That soup looks SO freaking good. OMG.

..al said...

I love soups...and almost all kinds....my favourites include having mushrooms, chicken, and sweet corn in the broth!

A plain chicken broth is hit with me too!

ColourYourWorld said...

Oh my that looks so yummy.
Well I love a good vegie Laksa, but I make a great chicken dumpling and corn soup....I am starving, it's dinner time and I want that soup !