Last weekend, everyone in the family got to choose an activity that everyone else had to do too. I chose returning to Shepherdstown to get tea since we never actually got my Assam black the last trip. Was it worth an hour-long drive for scones and clotted cream? I think so.
This is the teahouse below. It's this wonderful, Middle Eastern themed teahouse complete with red gauze curtains and a fabric ceiling. You feel as if you are inside a tent rather than a West Virginian town.
You may notice that I have stickers on my ears. These are my "earrings." I allowed the ChickieNob to make me fancy before we left.
And because I had to pee in Urbana again, here is the sign that sparked our new favourite term. Apologies, it was taken out of our dirty windshield.
What are you showing today?
Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (hint: link to the permalink for the post, not the main url for your blog and use your blog's name, not your name). The list is open from now until late Tuesday night and a new one is posted every week.
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:
Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Saturday night (or earlier in the week or on Monday if you can't do the weekend), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Saturday night and closes on Tuesday night.
- You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog's main url--use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good "ooooh" and "aaaah" and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
- Did you post a link and now it's missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.