My Show and Tell this week is this new linking function. It allows people to place their link directly into the post if they're participating rather than wait for me to drag my lazy ass to my computer and move you from the comment section into the main post. Fancy, right?
So here's how it works:
- Write the name of your blog in the top box (ex. Stirrup Queens). Please capitalize your blog name as you would any title (I know, I'm beyond anal).
- Cut-and-paste the permalink for your post into the second box. The permalink is a permanent link to that particular post and is not the main url for your blog. For instance, the permalink for the post beneath this one is http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2008/10/friday-blog-roundup_24.html. See--it has a few more words and backslashes than the main blog url.
- Hit enter. You should see yourself listed in the body of this post above the link box.
- Leave a comment about my show-and-tell item in the comment box below.
What are you showing today?
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:
Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Saturday (or earlier in the weekend or on Monday if you can't do Saturday night), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink in the auto-links box.
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week.
- If you want it...
I've now placed a Show and Tell archive on the sidebar that will be updated each week in case you miss it. And click here for the icon code if you wish to have it for your blog. It links to the archives.