Beyond the moment when I had to pee so badly that I made Josh pull over to a random hotel so I could go in and use the loo, we had a perfect day. My brother was in Baltimore for a conference so we drove down to the Inner Harbour, reliving our childhood by singing the Power Plant theme song, discussing the merits of Au Coton, visiting the the flag shop where I got the Albania keychain for my first car, and--of course--eating Oasis water ice which is not quite as good as I remember it to be.
But the best part was being out on the Chessie paddleboats in perfect 70 degree weather. No, actually the best part was Josh agreeing to do all the paddling and allowing me to sit my lazy ass in the back with the ChickieNob.
I love Baltimore.
Inner Harbour, Baltimore
The head of our Chessie boat (Chessie is the Chesapeake Bay's equivalent to the Loch Ness Monster)
What are you showing today?
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- Slaying, Blogging, Whatever...
- An Unwanted Path
- The Sweet Life
- Building Heavenly Bridges
- Hello Jello
- Fractured Rainbows
- The Fertile Infertile
- Mommy Needs Therapy
- Conceive This!
- To Baby and Beyond
- Woman Anyone?
- The Angry Canadian Nurse
- Sunny in Seattle
- A Uterus Divided
- Melzie and Co
- Life from Here
- Tales of the Phoenix
- My Scar Smiles at Me
- Hope Springs Infertile
- ISO the Golden Egg
- Antigone Lost (the grossest Show and Tell of all time)
- Infertility Blog and Podcast
- Age 30+...a Lifetime of Books
- Hoping for Another Lovebug
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Pregnancy
- Henry Street
- Whenever you're ready, come up to the front of the class. Speak clearly and slowly. Oh, and you're not late unless it's after Tuesday in which...well...yes...you are.
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Sunday (or earlier in the weekend or on Monday if you can't do Sunday), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink in the comments section below (make sure you don't just comment that you participated: add a link to your blog in your comment so people can click over). I post a new Show and Tell post every Saturday night or Sunday. I usually move people up into the body of the post every few hours.
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week.
- If you want it...
I've now placed a Show and Tell archive on the sidebar that will be updated each week in case you miss it. And click here for the icon code if you wish to have it for your blog. It links to the archives.