Actually, the sonographer always does the follicle check. So if you do end up seeing a photo of me in a compromised position with a vagacamera inside my hoohaahooterus and my doctor benignly smiling at the screen, you know that I staged it.
I have to admit, I felt pretty panic-y after I posted the pictures. Sort of a "what was I thinking" moment because I haven't really put my face out there. I mean, I meet fellow bloggers all the time so there are plenty who know what I look like. But there is that fear when you put that image out there that people will say, "oy, I thought she'd be different. Feh, I could really take her or leave her now. Guess I'll go read something else." My panic was confirmed when comments started coming in saying, "you're pretty brave to put that out there." Brave? Gulp. I'm not a brave person.
It also doesn't help that my blog hits are slightly down and I'm wondering if it's because of something I wrote, something I look like, or simply the rise and fall of traffic dependent of seasons and weather. You can tell me which one if you've stopped reading. Er...or I guess if you've stopped reading you wouldn't know that I wrote this question. So. Perhaps I will never know.
I leave you with a favourite piece of flannel board from the library. This piece of flannel board has brought LJ and I minutes of amusement. This not only creates a good game of create-a-caption, but it is a fine image to go to in your head if you are slightly dying at the Thanksgiving table when your Great Aunt tells you that you should get on with the baby making because you aren't getting any younger. Gee, isn't that a moment of pass-the-gravy thankfulness?
Now create your own caption for screaming woman. As in "you're putting that dildo cam where?" And feel free to use this image as your happy place while you're dining on mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.
- "I'm OOOOvulating, Harold! Get your skivvies off!" (from Lori)
- "WOW! That ultrasound gel is CCCCCCOOOOOOOOLLLLDDDD!" (from Kristen)
- "This IVF cycle is going to cost HOW much??!!" (from Samantha)
- "Whoop! Dildo Cam... Wrong Place!!" (from Heather)
- "Oh no! My stirrup-induced leg spasm has just knocked my nurse unconscious!! Did you happen to catch a follie count before she bit it?" (from JJ)
- "She unleashed a turkey-flavored can of whoopass when her inlaws asked AGAIN, "so, when are you going to get pregnant?" (from Jendeis)
- "Holy SH*Tballs! It's a Pregzilla! Run for your lives!" (from Barb)
- "That giant PIO needle goes WHERE??" (from AMS)
- "I have HOW many follies???!! YAHOO!!!!" (from Nancy)
- "Oh no, you don't! No more speculums here!" (from Maria)
- "Take it home honey!" While cheering her husband on from the corner of the porn room... (from Grad3)
- For the newly-found Stirrup Queen on her first follie scan: "You're putting that where?" (from Kim)
- "Owwweeee! A probe, up there? I don't think that my basement has been in THAT kind of working condition since after the war, dear. Just ask your grandfather" (from Geohde)
- add a caption in the comments below and I'll move it into the post.