The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Candy Exchange

There has been a lot of interest in a candy exchange due to that last post and I don't think it has to be a single exchange at one point in time. I think it can be handled in the same way as the braces bunch as an ongoing exchange. I don't need candy once. I need an ongoing stream of candy.

The candy exchange is open to any blogger in the infertility/pregnancy loss/assisted conception/adoption/pregnant or parenting after infertility, loss, or adoption community. I'll also take readers if people are familiar with them in the community. It's simply a matter of trust since personal information will need to be shared during the exchange. This project is always open and you can join/drop out at any time.

Here is how it works:
  • Cut-and-paste the form below in a Word document.
  • Fill in the information.
  • Paste the form into the body on an email and send it to thetowncriers@gmail.com. Emails with attachments generally go into my spam folder and I never see them. If you want me to get your email, don't use an attachment--place the form in the body of the email.
  • I will match you with another blogger--either overseas or in your country.
  • I will send each blogger the other's information.
  • There is a $10 goal (with an $8--12 range) on purchasing candy.
  • You will send a package to one another and report when you get the package so I can check off the exchange as complete. It would be nice if you blogged about it.
  • Once an exchange is complete, you can request your next match.
Your address (or a work address) will obviously be given to the other person in order to receive the package. I will not pass along information to anyone who is not paired with you for an exchange. Once you complete one exchange with your partner, you can decide whether you want to do additional exchanges with the same person (you can arrange this between yourselves) or with a new person (tell me and I'll match you again--you don't need to fill out the form again unless you have different information).

CANDY EXCHANGE FORM

Directions: Cut-and-paste the form below in a Word document. Fill in the information. Paste the form into the body on an email and send it to thetowncriers@gmail.com. Emails with attachments generally go into my spam folder and I never see them. If you want me to get your email, don't use an attachment--place the form in the body of the email.

Name:

Name and URL of blog:

Email address:

Address where candy will be sent (including any special instructions for labeling):

If you are able to get candy from locations other than your hometown (for instance, if you travel often, living near a border, or know you are taking a trip this year), please give a list of other places where you can obtain candy for the exchange:

Would you prefer candy from your home country or candy from outside your country (you can also list a country if you're particularly interested in being matched with a blogger from a certain country. Please note that if there isn't a blogger from that country and that is the only exchange you want to do, you may have to wait until someone signs up from that country):

Food allergies or aversions:

Favourite flavours:

Favourite types of candy (eg. licorice, chocolate, jawbreakers):

Candies I've heard about/remember from overseas (also put location):

Candies I've always wanted to try:

Candies I would be sad to receive:

Any other important information:

Once you are finished, send it to
thetowncriers@gmail.com with the word "candy" in the subject line. Once I have a critical mass, I will begin sending out the exchanges.