The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lost and Found

This list will always be open and updated daily so please check it from time to time to see if someone left a message for you. Feel free to link to this post from your blog in order to have a centralized place for people to leave googleable messages.

Directions: when leaving a message, make it as googleable as possible. Use the full name of the blog or if the blogger had a unique sign-in name (for instance, I also use The Town Criers which is more unusual--and therefore, more googleable--than Mel) use that too. I may have a blogger's contact information on hand, so if you want me to pass along your email address or information (I do not give out email addresses, sorry), let me know that too. I will only pass along an email address if someone has given me concrete permission. Your message will go up on the list faster if you leave it in the comments section, but you can also email me your message (especially if you're giving personal information like an email address and want me to hold onto it and have someone contact me instead of posting your email address) directly at thetowncriers@gmail.com. You can put up as many messages as you wish, but make each blog its own entry (for instance, search for blog X in one message and search for blog Y in a second message). I may edit messages for clarity or brevity. Once messages become extremely old, I will move them to a second archive post which will also be accessible through this post and can still be found via google and other search engines.

LOST AND FOUND AND CONNECTIONS ABOUND

LOST
  • I have missed getupgrrl from Chez Miscarriage for the last couple of years. I would love to know how she is and there is one particular post that I wish I could access. If anyone has information about how to ask her for access (and find out how her little boy is!) I would be so grateful.
  • (1) Naked Ovary, naked ovary, naked ovary, naked ovary. Naked ovary. Come out, come out, wherever you are. (2) I desperately miss Karen at Naked Ovary.
  • I would love to know what is happening with Kay/Hanazono who wrote Hanazono. Is she still adopting? Is she already a mother? Kay - write and let us know.
  • How about Sube at Waiting for a Crumbcake?? I always wondered about her.
  • Could someone help me out please? I would love to continue to read Baby Blues at I Will Be Mom, but it looks like it has been changed to invited readers. If anyone could contact her to let her know that I would love to stay as a reader I would very much appreciate it (FOUND! See below).
  • (1) I drop out of the loop for a few weeks (OK, over a month) & everyone goes PWP :(
    First I find out about Baby Blues & now Vanilla too. I think I better get off my butt & back into blogging. (2) I would love to be able to read again Vanilla at Vanilla Dreams. If you are reading, e-mail me at wotpl@shaw.ca, or if anyone knows how to contact them, let me know! (FOUND! See below).
  • I would love to be able to read A Few Good Eggs still. It has gone password protected. If you are reading, e-mail me at wotpl@shaw.ca, or if anyone knows how to contact them, let me know!
  • (1) I've been wondering for years, literally, how Danae from Hardscrabble is doing. (2) I second the question about Danae--she is one of my favorite bloggers, ever, and sorely missed.
  • I'd also love to know how the amazing Dead Bug is doing. Has her new baby arrived yet? (FOUND! See below).
  • Another blogger I have wondered about for years is Sarah from Badlands. How are you Sarah?
  • I would also love to hear from Beth (Prop Your Hips Up) about life after HG and now with Leah Catherine...
  • How about Patiently Waiting, she turned her blog to invite-only, but I would like to know if the birth mom had her baby yet.
Are you reading this post because you found your name/blog here? Answer the message by leaving your information in the comments section or send an email to them through me at thetowncriers@gmail.com. If you are in contact with the desired person/blog, please let them know that someone is searching for them at Lost and Found.

FOUND
Wish you could connect with any of the blogs/bloggers listed in this section? Leave them a message in the comments section or email me directly at thetowncriers@gmail.com and I will try to get it to them.

CONNECTIONS
  • I am looking for those who have immune issues and have used alternative therpies to correct them or IVIg (submitted by Grad3 from Motherhood). If you can help Grad3, please contact her via her blog.
  • I would like to put a call out to anyone with recurrent miscarriage, either those who are still going through it or those who are pregnant/have given birth after recurrent miscarriage (submitted by Kristen at Sticky Bean). If you can help Kristen, please contact her via her blog.
  • I am in an odd spot in life: a non-ttc infertile in a fertile world. Is there anyone else out there who is in this spot? I'd love to read other blogs from people who are dealing with this same thing (submitted by Tigger at Tigger's Infertility Madness). If you can help Tigger, please contact her via her blog.
Do you have a blog that fits the description of the request above? Email me with your blog url (thetowncriers@gmail.com) and I will list it under the request for others to see as well.

MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
  • On Wednesday of this week, Oprah is doing a repeat of the 30 Something in America show where they discussed infertility in one of the segments. Just an FYI in case some people missed it (read more on Jenna's blog. She's in the episode--added by Melissa).
This is a space to announce face-to-face blogger get togethers and other random news. Email me (thetowncriers@gmail.com) or leave a comment below to add to this section.

NEW BLOGS (started in July or August of 2007)
Did you just begin a blog? Want to get word out there that you exist? Email me (thetowncriers@gmail.com) or leave a comment below to add to this section.

LOSS ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • Don't go through a loss alone. The purpose of community it to be there for you in both good times and bad. Email me (thetowncriers@gmail.com) or leave a comment below to add to this section. Make sure you include your blog's url so people can come and support you.
PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Do you have a pregnancy to announce? Email me (thetowncriers@gmail.com) or leave a comment below to add to this section. Make sure you include your blog's url so people can come and support you.

BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • Do you have a birth or adoption to announce? Email me (thetowncriers@gmail.com) or leave a comment below to add to this section. Make sure you include your blog's url so people can come and celebrate with you.

23 comments:

Ruth said...

What a great idea. I have missed getupgrrl from Chez Miscarriage for the last couple of years. I would love to know how she is, and there is one particular post that I wish I could access. If anyone has information about how to ask her for access (and find out how her little boy is!) I would be so grateful.

Anonymous said...

:)

Naked Ovary, naked ovary, naked ovary, naked ovary. Naked ovary. Come out, come out, wherever you are.

That should google, don't you think?

Thanks for sharing my news!

AwkwardMoments said...

i desparately miss Karen at Naked Ovary - I was going to post that -but see that you genious's beat me to it

Grad3 said...

JJ has helped me some already (thank you!) and I am looking for those who have immune issues and have used alternative therpies to correct them or IVIg.

Thanks for doing this Mel!

Kristen said...

I would like to put a call out to anyone with recurrent miscarriage, either those who are still going through it or those who are pregnant/have given birth after recurrent miscarriage.

Thanks so much! What a great idea!

Jess said...

How about Sube at Waiting for a Crumbcake?? I always wondered about her. :(

Anonymous said...

If anyone could help me out pls?? I love to read http://babybluebabbles.blogspot.com/ but it looks like it has been changed to invited readers. If anyone could contact her to let her know that I would love to stay as a reader I would very much appriciate it.

Meg said...

Great great idea!!!!!!! I wish I could be as creative as you....

Baby Blues said...

Thanks Mel! Another brilliant idea. Please post my email for anyone I missed to invite. It's babybluebabbles@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

Lovely thought... It just so happens that I have an announcement. I already put this in my blog, but on Wednesday of this week Oprah is doing a repeat of the 30 Something in America Show where they discussed infertility in one of the segments. Just an FYI in case some people missed it.

hammygirl said...

There are two blogs I used to read that have gone PWP that I would love to be able to read again - A Few Good Eggs (http://a-few-good-eggs.blogspot.com/) and Vanilla Dreams (http://vanilladreams.typepad.com/vanilla_dreams/).

If either of you are reading, e-mail me at wotpl@shaw.ca, or if anyone knows how to contact them, let me know!

Jules said...

I drop out of the loop for a few weeks (OK, over a month) & everyone goes PWP :(

First I find out about Baby Blues & now Vanilla to.

I think I better get off my but & back into blogging.

Thanks for this Mel. Another fantastic idea.

nancy said...

New blog for myself. I used to have a blog that I wrote in all the time for over a year (200+ posts!) but due to some crazies out there, I decided to start anew.

I am now at http://thenewlifeofnancy.blogspot.com

It's a tertiary infertility blog. I do talk about other things in my life too, not just my current infertility, but I don't talk about my children too much and I do warn, so it won't upset anyone without them knowing the content first.

Thank you!

beagle said...

I had just started reading Naked Ovary when she disapeared.

I'm also hoping Gravida Zero starts a new blog . . . but so glad she has great news in her life!

Tigger said...

I am in an odd spot in life: a non-ttc infertile in a fertile world. Is there anyone else out there who is in this spot? I'd love to read other blogs from people who are dealing with this same thing.

Anonymous said...

I second the question about Danae--she is one of my favorite bloggers, ever, and sorely missed.
Another blogger I have wondered about for years is Sarah from Badlands. I would also love to hear from Beth (Prop Your Hips Up) about life after HG...

DeadBug said...

Lovely ladies, thank you for checking on me. I am still around and dropping in occasionally to the IF blogosphere. This unearned pregnancy is now at 34 weeks, and I can still hardly credit it. Feel like I've made it up.

If all goes well, I will post once he has arrived.

Sambalina said...

How bout Patiently Waiting, she turned her blog to invite-only, but I would like to know if the birth mom had her baby yet.

Thanks :)

Also, whenever you get the time, can you switch my blog to pregnant after infertility? Thanks!! :D

AwkwardMoments said...

As i was sitting in traffic today I was thinking about all you wonderful DC's that have DC GTG's and I would love to do that in the Tampa Bay area in Florida. Problem is, No one visits my blog from Fl excpet 2 people that are pretty far away. (like 4 plus hours away)zI was wondering if by chance you could post this on your "CONNECTION" Tab and if anyone live in the Tampa Bay area that would like to have some social outtings, email Farahbeth@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update, dead bug!

hoping these last few weeks of pregnancy will be uneventful and as comfy as possible for you.

lots of wellwishes,
nina

JW said...

Thanks for the heads up Mel, I didn't know! Please post my e-mail address here which is thesheilabin@yahoo.ca
Thanks a mil!

Anonymous said...

Karen Naked Ovary Found

http://thenakedovary.typepad.com/cheek/

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's me above...I've been blogging again since around Novemberish :)

It's not the same, though, anymore, as I have to censor the poop out of myself b.c of prying eyes, but once in a while I feel like the old me.

Thanks for looking for me!

Also--Danae had a baby!!!!!! :)))))