Here are my predictions. Stop reading now if you don't want to hear what I think. I am well-aware that there are people out there who are more sensitive about having their Potter ruined than they are to learn about a co-worker's pregnancy announcement first thing Monday morning at work. Not that I have any information about the seventh book that you don't have. But some people don't like to play this game.
- RAB is obviously Regulus Black, Sirius's brother who was killed after leaving the Death Eaters. She mentioned this bit character way too many times at the beginning of book six. Saying a random character's name that many times at the beginning of a book is sort of like Chekov's gun. It's got to go off by the end of the story.
- I think Snape is actually good. I think that he spied for the Order of the Phoenix and was able to trick Voldemort into believing he was entirely on his side (which, I mean, doesn't that show that he's a very powerful wizard? As powerful as Dumbledore? And those spells that he created as a student when he was the Half-Blood Prince? I don't know--I'm thinking he seems pretty fucking amazing as a wizard and no one seems to comment on his abilities). He therefore knew the plan with Malfoy and told Dumbledore.
- Malfoy's plan (or Voldemort's plan) was just a distraction. Dumbledore knew he had to die therefore he was telling Harry the whole back story about Voldemort and the horcruxes because he knew he wasn't going to be around. Snape was able to keep tabs on Malfoy and the two wizards were able to keep a boy in check and thwart all of his attempts until it was the right time. I think that it was planned all along by Dumbledore that Snape would kill him. And either he knew that night that they would have to carry out their plan or he was forced to have Snape kill him earlier than planned because Malfoy brought the Death Eaters into the school.
- Why did Dumbledore have to die? I think it's total Gandalf the Grey into Gandalf the White. Who the hell knows why they need to die and transform in order to become more powerful and fight evil. But I think that we'll see Dumbledore again in the next book as a Gandalf the White type character.
- I predict that we're going to lose a Weasley in book seven. I know that's sort of cheating on the prediction front since there are so many Weasleys. I'm not sure which one, but if I had to name one, I would predict Ron.
It was so much fun to see who was right with that Grey's Anatomy episode. So voice your predictions, though I won't blog again about Harry Potter (at least not about the plot) in the future because I don't want to crow about how I was right and possibly ruin the book for you. Isn't it funny how I've imbued a children's book with the same sensitivity that I give pregnancy announcements...