The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Random Unconnected Thoughts

We've been listening to Queen's Greatest Hits on continual play for the last few weeks because my son is in a Freddy Mercury stage. I finally escaped Queen for a few hours today to go see Blades of Glory. Only to hear the pounding beat of "Flash Gordon" as Will Ferrell skated for the gold.

A huge thank you to everyone who voted for me for the Best of Blog Awards. If you've never read the other blogs in the category, you should head over to them right now and begin reading. There's Omega Mom, who is this brilliant adoption blogger who has been doing an amazing series of posts for the past few days. And Open Window, another adoption blog that I read hungrily and feel honoured to be invited into that world via her blog. And I Wasted All That Birth Control which makes me laugh and cry on a weekly basis. The Fertility Blog, a website on natural fertility. The Karen Road Chronicles, who writes beautifully about life in general and fertility and her son. Lastly, Serenity Now--a blog that has changed my infertility experience and made me feel less alone, less overwhelmed. She is a woman I feel honoured to walk beside on this journey.

I have been crying on and off all night for Snickollet. She lost her husband this week after a battle with pancreatic cancer. Emmie at Better Make it a Double created a candle for our blogs to virtually light for Snickollet. And even though it is too late, even though it really doesn't feel like enough, I wanted to send this out there to her and let her know that I'm thinking about her family tonight.


7 comments:

Stacie said...

Congratulations on your win. You deserve it; you are a resource and a gathering place for stirrup queens of all types. Bravo.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your win!

I just read Snickollet's blog and am sitting here sobbing. T went out of town this weekend, and I want nothing more than to give him a huge hug when he returns tonight. For whatever reason, I didn't feel comfortable commeting on her blog, so I am over here. My heart goes out to her and their kids, and Snickollet and GH's families and friends, but especially to Snickollet. So, so sad.

Sunny said...

YEAH to you! You continue to inspire me. THANK YOU!

I read Snickollet's blog Friday night and cried. My husband told me to stop reading but was also touched when I got to the end and read the posts to him.

I hope she knows she isn't alone.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Congratulations on your win!!

My heart goes out to Snickollet and her family.

Baby Blues said...

Congratulations Mel! You are the best. As I said, your blog brings us all together.

Snickollet's loss is just sad. It reminds us of how our time here is short, and that we should make the most of it and touch lives.

Maggie said...

Congratulations on your BOB win! So deserved.

Snickollet said...

Congrats on your win and thank you for lighting a candle for me and the twins. It may not seem like much, but it does mean a lot.