The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The 48th Circle Time: The Show and Tell Weekly Thread

Show and Tell is wasted on elementary schoolers. Join several dozen bloggers weekly to show off an item, tell a story, and get the attention of the class. In other words, this is Show and Tell 2.0. Everyone is welcome to join, even if you have never posted before and just found out about Show and Tell for the first time today. So yank out a photo of the worst bridesmaid's dress you ever wore and tell us the story; show off the homemade soup you cooked last night; or tell us all about the scarf you made for your first knitting project. Details on how to participate are located at the bottom of this post.

Let's begin. Children are seen in this post in case you want to skip down to Mr. Linky and add your own without reading mine.

The ChickieNob set up this shot while we were at a party last week. Someone gave her a flower and she came over to me and asked me to take her picture. Afterwards, she looked at it on my camera and said, "put that up on your blog." I follow directions, so the colours in her dress and the flower are my Show and Tell today. The only word I could think of when I saw this shot was "vibrant." And perhaps, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Girl.


What are you showing today?

Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (hint: link to the permalink for the post, not the main url for your blog and use your blog's name, not your name). The list is open from now until late Tuesday night and a new one is posted every week.

Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:

1. Delenn
2. Dragondreamer's Lair
3. Lori in Denver
4. Conceive This!
5. Building Heavenly Bridges
6. Emmy
7. The Bear and The Comedian
8. Wise Guy
9. infertility rocks!
10. Parenthood for Me
11. Hobbit- ish Thoughts and Ramblings
12. beebles
13. Tubeless in Seattle
14. Fractured Rainbows
15. On The Road to Baby
16. VA Blondie
17. The Infertile Sushi- loving Princess
18. Henry Street
19. Busted
20. Baby Making Journey
21. I Want To Be A Mommy
22. Taylor
23. getting there
24. Life with Endometriosis and PCOS
25. Alana- isms
26. Destined to be an old woman with no regrets
27. Becoming Whole
28. Cyster A.C. T.
29. Hope Endures
30. Life Induces Thoughts, mostly random
31. My Pathway to Motherhood
32. Pundelina Kafoops




Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
  • If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Saturday night (or earlier in the week or on Monday if you can't do the weekend), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Saturday night and closes on Tuesday night.
  • You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
  • Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog's main url--use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
  • Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good "ooooh" and "aaaah" and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
  • Did you post a link and now it's missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.

24 comments:

Delenn said...

Very pretty outfit. My daughter was dressed in a daisy outfit today. Flowers--spring is here!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

And what a beautiful portrait it is (not suprising, given the model/artist).

'Murgdan' said...

Love it! What a cutie flower face!

Cara said...

I just LOVE the "take my picture" request, but they never come off quite as vibrant as that one!

..al said...

You daughter is so in tune with what you do and all....She could sing Nelly Furtado's Flower version of "I am like a bird".

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Following directions well is a desirable habit to have. She 'looks' darling!!!

Emmy said...

What a cute photo!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Beautiful! And how very good of you to follow directions :)

Kristin said...

I love the picture!

Carrie said...

Gorgeous! She seems to be very self-possessed! And I love that she told you to put it up on your blog... these kids are so tech savvy. :)

Hugs!
Carrie

Malky B. said...

Nice pic - now I'm curious who she looks like you or Josh or a combo?

Billy said...

Very cute :-).

Tiger said...

Love it :)
Super awesome show and tell :)

VA Blondie said...

Wonderful photo! Thanks for sharing!

battynurse said...

What a cute pic.

Taylor said...

I love the outfit! The fact that she wants it on the blog is so funny, I love it when they want to see themselves on the camera/computer.

Alana said...

Cool pic! And lovely dress! :)

one-hit_wonder said...

That is adorable. I especially love the 'artist as a young girl' comment.

My nephew, since he was 2-and-a-half, has loved to be the centre of photographic attention. He stages the shots, directs me on when to snap pictures, and then decides on which shots are worthy and which ones must be deleted. He has a really good eye!

Anonymous said...

So vibrant I love it ..

She's a budding Artist very creative and confident too I hate having my picture taken lol

Bea said...

Definitely both descriptions fit. What a great dress! Where can I get a dress like that? I could use some vibrancy some days.

Bea

Beautiful Mess said...

She's very good at posing. Beautiful picture!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Aw, The ChickieNob is such an amazing little girl!

Barb said...

Your kids are so funny and cute.

Erika said...

What a cutie! I love her outfit, too and gerber daisies are my personal favorite!

And very smart of you to follow directions! (I'm convinced everything you need to know you learn in first grade not kindergarten! ;) If they ever don't let me teach first grade I don't know what I'll do!