I was online looking at handpainted dolls on Production, Not Reproduction's review blog and while I thought they were really cute, I knew I could make something similar enough. I did purchase some of the wood turnings at the store that look like people but I also picked up a bag of clothespins (um...48 of them for about a dollar) because I love the history of clothespin dolls. I told the ChickieNob I would make her anything she wants and she has started with a wedding party. These are two of the bridesmaids, chatting with each other (and looking a little concerned, I might add) right before the ceremony. Do they think the bride will be left at the altar?
Stay tuned for a clothespin doll version of my fertility clinic complete with tiny wooden stirrups and a doctor with cold hands.
What are you showing today?
Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (actually, everyone should read it this week because I changed it around a bit). The list is open from now until late Tuesday night and a new one is posted every week.
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:
|1. Mrs Spock|
2. Jamie @ Sticky Feet
10. Weebles Wobblog
12. The Fertile Infertile
|13. Infertility Podcast & Blog|
14. Another Dreamer
16. Rachel's Scrambled Eggs
18. Sam (Life and Times of Me)
20. Emily (Apron Strings)
21. A Uterus Divided
22. Cara (parenting after loss blog)
29. Tales of the Phoenix
34. Alyson (rule follower?)
Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Saturday night (or earlier in the week or on Monday if you can't do the weekend), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Saturday night and closes on Tuesday night.
- You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog's main url--use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good "ooooh" and "aaaah" and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
- Did you post a link and now it's missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.