The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Perfect Moment Monday

The scene: Jewish nursing home in New Jersey. Melissa, wearing a hooded sweatshirt and pyjama bottoms, greets the other people sitting at her grandmother's lunch table.

Grandma: This is my granddaughter, Melissa. She is so smart; so smart. I don't know what I did to get such a smart granddaughter. She writes books. People pay her to write.

Elderly Jewish people stare at Melissa with keen expectation that something brilliant is about to be said.

Melissa: I forgot to pack pants this trip. That's why I'm wearing my pyjama bottoms. Because I forgot to pack pants.

Silence.

Elderly Jewish Woman: It's a different kind of smart.

If you are looking for more perfect moments, head over to Weebles Wobblog for the full list of participants.

24 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Can't. Breathe.

Laughing too hard.

You are a different kind of everything, and I mean that as a HUGE compliment.

Mrs. Higrens said...

Too funny.

(I hope they were your pajama bottoms. Unlike my mother who packed her pants in the suitcase picked up the night before the end of a cruise and had to borrow pajama bottoms from my friend so she could leave the ship. It's a family classic.)

HereWeGoAJen said...

Okay, I laughed really, really hard at that. You are awesome.

Jess said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old People...gotta love them.

Meghan said...

Love it! And we should totally travel together since I always forget pajamas!

loribeth said...

I almost spit my lunch all over my computer screen. : ) Thanks for the day brightener!!

Kristin said...

ROFLMAO...omgawd that is funny! "a different kind of smart"...too funny!

bleu said...

lol

Searching for Serenity said...

lol - That's a keeper!

Michelle said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

You are the best kind of smart! Mazel Tov!

Lyrehca said...

Ha! That was funny.

Dora said...

LOVE IT!! We must meet IRL someday, Ms. Smartypants!

nancy said...

I concur with Lori.

I'm laughing so flippin' hard my belly hurts.

Samantha said...

Love it!

luna said...

classic hilarity!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

I love it.

You're not the only one, my dear. I have forgotten lots of things on trips over the years. The most egregious was when I forgot to pack bras and underwear.

Sue said...

Brilliant. :-)

Stacie said...

Ha! Priceless!

Linda said...

LOL!!!!

Awesome.

Linda said...

Forgot to add: Once we went on a trip with my cousin, who is also a different kind of smart. Christian was unpacking his suitcase up in the loft and all of a sudden we hear him shout "OH MAN!" "What?!" we all ask, wondering if perhaps a squirrel died up there in the year since we'd been to the cabin.

"I forgot to pack any underwear." he replied in a small voice.

We never let him forget that!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

OMG that is freakin' hilarious!

AnotherDreamer said...

LOL, love it. Sounds like something I would do :)

Bea said...

Hil.ar.i.ous.

Bea