If I had enough battery power to download new photos, you would have a picture of my new sassy haircut (hint: higher than my shoulders). But until I replace the batteries this weekend, a picture from BlogHer DC will have to suffice.
It's almost as if the Twitter gods had read my messages about wanting candy and swept into the lobby to lay out a feast while I listened to a panel on blogging basics. When I went to sit down for the keynote speakers, I was faced with a long banquet table covered with chocolate-covered fruit, gummy worms, malt balls, and several kinds of popcorn. I grabbed the first bag by myself and even went back for a second candy run. But I begged Cecily to do my hording from that point on because I was too embarrassed to go back for thirds. Thirds! No wonder I couldn't eat at the dinner that followed the keynote. How was I to know?
All in all, BlogHer DC was fantastic. I went to two of the blogging basics panels--sort of for confirmation that I knew how to use software correctly and also to see if I had missed anything along the way (I had). I learned NOT to talk about my cervical mucous online (too late) because it may come back to bite me in the ass later on (the information; not the cervical mucous which has no teeth). I learned that I should provide an "about" page, which I do. I also spoke at my own panel on blogging for a cause.
And as a secondary Show and Tell, what do you think of the finishing touches Cali put on the header--do you like the new site bar up at the top?
What are you showing today?
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- Weebles Wobblog
- Sunny in Seattle
- Life After Infertility and Loss
- Age 30+...a Lifetime of Books
- Slaying, Blogging, Whatever...
- Fractured Rainbows
- I Want to Be a Mommy
- The Life and Times of Me
- An Unwanted Path
- Hope Springs Infertile
- My Scar Smiles at Me
- Building Heavenly Bridges
- Divine Secrets of the Infertility Sisterhood
- Our Own Creation
- Churp, Churp
- The Fertile Infertile
- Hoping for Another Lovebug
- The Story of Me
- In Search of Biscuit 2.0
- The Road Less Travelled
- Baby Smiling in Back Seat
- Mommy Needs Therapy
- ISO the Golden Egg
- Morgan's World
- Woman Anyone?
- The Maniacal Mommy
- Who is next? Anyone, anyone? You're not late unless it's after Tuesday. In which you'll have points deducted for late work...
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Sunday (or earlier in the weekend or on Monday if you can't do Sunday), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink in the comments section below (make sure you don't just comment that you participated: add a link to your blog in your comment so people can click over). I post a new Show and Tell post every Saturday night or Sunday. I usually move people up into the body of the post every few hours.
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week.
- If you want it...
I've now placed a Show and Tell archive on the sidebar that will be updated each week in case you miss it. And click here for the icon code if you wish to have it for your blog. It links to the archives.