I met Karen from Chookooloonks at BlogHer and she asked why I wasn't participating in Shutter Sisters. "I don't have a great camera like you guys," I said, showing her my Canon.
"But this is the same camera that Kate uses," she said.
"But my pictures never look gorgeous like Kate's!" I exclaimed.
"Do you know how to use the camera?" she asked.
"No," I admitted.
So I actually opened the manual and began fiddling around with buttons and I've started to learn. First stop, these action shots of water at a fountain outside a museum in Washington, D.C.
What are you showing today?
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:
- Life from Here
- My Journey to Mommyhood
- The Fertile Infertile
- Slaying, Blogging, Whatever...
- Baby Smiling in Back Seat
- Infertility Podcast and Blog
- Age 30 - A Year of Books
- Fractured Rainbows
- An Unwanted Path
- My Scar Smiles at Me...
- The Not So Secret Life of Us
- Conceive This!
- The Therapist is In
- Mrs Spock
- It is Written in the Stars Above
- Tales of the Phoenix
- Awful But Functioning
- Churp, Churp
- A Sibling for Celia
- Relaxing Doesn't Make Babies
- Raggedy Ann
- Fertile Ramblings
- Antigone Lost
- I Want to Be a Mommy
- To Baby and Beyond
- The Dew Baby
- Okay, class, who would like to go next? You, in the back. Are you raising your hand for the bathroom or to show the class your item?
Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Sunday (or earlier in the weekend or on Monday if you can't do Sunday), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink in the comments section below (make sure you don't just comment that you participated: add a link to your blog in your comment so people can click over). I post a new Show and Tell post every Saturday night or Sunday. I usually move people up into the body of the post every few hours.
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week.
- If you want it...
I've now placed a Show and Tell archive on the sidebar that will be updated each week in case you miss it. And click here for the icon code if you wish to have it for your blog. It links to the archives.