The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Marching With the Barren Bitches Book Brigade--Tour Four

Wanted to take a moment to post the master list for the fourth tour of the Barren Bitches Book Club. Not on the list? Anyone in the infertility/pregnancy loss/adoption/parenting-after-infertility/assisted conception community (as well as all other related groups that I inadvertently forgot) can join--all you need is a blog (and you can set one up for free via Blogger).

Book: Waiting for Daisy
Author: Peggy Orenstein
Start Date: April 17th
Question Due: May 30th
All Questions Listed: May 31st
Post Date: June 4th
(need an explanation of how a book tour works? Click here to go to a list of posts on the past book tours.)

Cool addition for this book tour: the author, Peggy Orenstein, is participating and accepting questions about her book!

Barren Bitches Book Brigade List (click on any of the links below on May 29th to take you to a stop on this book tour. Jump from post to post to read a plethora of opinions and thoughts on Waiting for Daisy. I will keep adding to this list until 11 p.m. on May 23rd. The list is currently open)

Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters (Melissa)
The Annex (Josh)
Serenity Now! (Serenity)
Sticky Feet (Jamie)
My Journey Towards My Little Miracle (Sunny)
Coming 2 Terms (Pamela)
Kir's Corner (Kir)
Karaoke Diva (KD)
Baby Hopes (Joei)
The Egg Timer (Egged Out)
A Somewhat Ordinary Life (Amy)
Sticky Bean (Kristen)
Southern Infertility (Samantha)
Twisted Ovaries (Vanessa)
Oscar Wants a Playmate (Jackie)
Out, Damned Egg! Out I Say! (Millie)
The Vicious Cycle of Cycles (Erin)
Scrambled Eggs (Binky)
Miss E's Musings (Ellen)
The Twinkies (Stacie)
Still Passing Open Windows (Carlynn)
What to Expect When You're Not Expecting (Kirby)
Pretty Kitties (Wendy)
Diary of a Miscarriage (Rachel)
Weebles Wobblog (Lori)
All Things Deb (Deb)
Jonesing for a Baby (Michelle)
Our IVF Journey (Mary Ellen)

Not on the list and want to join? Drop me an email at thetowncriers@gmail.com. You can add yourself up until 11 p.m. on May 23rd.

How the book tour works:

(1) leave a comment or send me an email (thetowncriers@gmail.com) saying that you're interested in participating.

(2) read Waiting for Daisy by May 30th (or at least enough of it in order to ask a question to the group).

(3) create a single question that would kick off a discussion (in other words, any question that leads to more than a "yes" or "no" answer where someone can express their opinion) and mail it to me on May 30th (or any time beforehand). I will send you a reminder email close to the date. Click here to see sample questions from tour #2. You can also send me a question directly for Peggy Orenstein as she will be participating in this tour and is open to answering any questions.

(4) on May 31st, I will send you a list of possible questions. Everyone will choose 3 questions off the list and answer them in a blog entry.

(5) on June 4th, everyone will post their entry. I will post my answers too and an entry about post day so people can go around and read the entries and comment (start a discussion back and forth in the comments section). Reading the entries and commenting on the posts is the best part of the tour--by the end of the week, you should have a comment from every participant (and maybe even a few new permanent blog readers).

(6) I will also post Peggy Orenstein's answers to our questions.

COMING UP: Cementing the next three book tour choices so people can plan ahead with beach reading for the summer (or, for all the people entering winter down south...winter reading).

6 comments:

millie said...

Please add me to the list. I'd love to be involved. She's a local author and I've been wanting to read her book.

TeamWinks said...

You can count me in too.

Stacie said...

OK, add me to this one please. I think I may have time to actually read...

Anonymous said...

Please add me, I'd love to join this one.

I read The Time Traveller's Wife as the book tour was finishing up and loved it, what a wonderful book, I think it is one of my favourites now.

Pretty Kitty said...

Please add me too! I can't wait to read it. Thank you!

Unknown said...

I just got a copy of the book! Please add me to the list. Thanks!