The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Comparative Pain

First and foremost, you don't know how much it means to me to know that I'm not alone in feeling tremendous guilt when I engage in comparative pain. And feeling tremendous guilt when I don't engage in comparative pain. It would appear that there are at least 20-some-odd people who are all doing it alongside me. So thank you for volunteering your stories and tips.

I'm reading through all the comments and they're brilliant. I feel like I still have more to say on this--especially because it seems like we're all thinking about it. And feeling guilty about it. Off to write back everyone and glean how you stop engaging in this manner of thought.

No comments: