The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

More on Technostorks

So I got to see the full version of Technostorks tonight. Andrei sent us a copy. It was amazing. You follow three couples through their IVF experience--from the first Lupron shots to the betas. The sniffling started about 8 minutes into the film.

What I liked most about the film is that men had an equal voice. Too many times men sit in the frame while their wife speaks. Or they're shunted into one chapter of an enormous book.

I really liked all three couples and felt such a profound sadness that they weren't successful. I wish we could have a little Technostorks II where we see the rest of their journey after their IVF attempts. Did they go through it again? Did they adopt or try surrogacy? Did they ultimately become parents?

Okay, so by "profound sadness" I mean that I sat on my bed and bawled. I just cried and cried and cried for my favourite couple. These stories get under your skin because they are so close to your own. And you can guess their emotions because it's all out of our control. No matter what we do, it's ultimately out of our hands. And that is so scary. And so sad.

Thank you for making a great film, Andrei.

1 comment:

Baby Dust said...

I've recently purchased this video and have already watched it twice. I'm sure many more are to come. A must see for anyone considering or undergoing IVF.

Infertility Journey