The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Perhaps Novartis Should Get to Work

Jessica at Getting Pregnant the High-Tech Way has simply the best last three lines in today's post and if you haven't read this entry you need to get over there:

"I’ve realized something else. I have become emotionally invested in this cycle. I wish there were a drug to prevent that part."

Me too, Jess. And I think whoever invents that suppressor is going to be mighty rich.

5 comments:

Korin said...

Oh god, i would have taken that from the 6th month we were ttc. by then I knew deep down that something was *wrong* and the clockwork bleeding every 28 days was sheer hell.

C said...

That really is the worst part of this whole ordeal, and I think the one thing people who haven't experienced fertility problems don't understand. Your hopes get up and then get crushed every month, and it happens over and over and over again.

TeamWinks said...

I would be on a regular dosage schedule by now.

Anonymous said...

i agree. it's definitely the thing that makes ttc more torturous.

even though we're not even doing treatment, and the chance of conceiving is slim to none, i still find myself completely invested, every month.

KatieMc said...

I pinkieswear that I'm not trying to be Pollyanna here and I do not mean to minimize feelings whatsover!

I can say this ONLY because for some strange blessing, I'm in a fairly peaceful place right now about my IF. As much as I hate those sh*tty times (I go through cycles, and I don't mean THOSE cycles, I mean cycles of feeling OK, feeling awful) those crappy feelings are actually gifts. To help process the whole crappy process....

Of course now that I say that, I'll probably cycle into the pit of despair again...