The Daily News

LFCA Latest Issue: Friday, September 25, 2009.

Latest Post on BlogHer: Parenting after Infertility.

My Status: Fed Josh's almonds to the squirrels. They needed them very badly.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Congratulations are in Order (Children Mentioned)

I'm a grandma. My two-year-old daughter had her baby this morning (yes, you read that correctly). It was somewhat of a relief because my daughter made me touch her belly every day to feel her baby kicking while she reminded me over and over and over again that there was "No baby in Mommy's belly!" This morning she was holding her arms together and rocking back and forth. Miracle of miracles. Her baby was born this morning.

Her baby is...beyond a miracle...fantastic. When she wanted to eat a bagel for breakfast, the baby decided to stop crying so she could eat. She also told me that she was going to bring the baby to the grocery store this morning and let anyone kiss her and touch her face.

Traditionally someone this young would fall low on the sliding scale of happiness, but since it's my daughter, I'll give her a 10. Anyway, she told me I could babysit her baby and hold her whenever my daughter had to take a nap.

No comments: