I thought that I should do something profound because it is 09-09-09, perhaps show nine items that were important to me when I was nine-years-old...except this idea only occurred to me on Tuesday night. So I give you the fact that I relish both the best and worst of the Beatles. Meaning, I relish the best:
I love this photo because they are such BOYS--I mean, truly, such boys. And it captures this exuberance that makes your heart explode if you consider it for too long.
And I relish the worst--I mean, relish it, roll around in it, watch it numerous times:
And like a mother, I love it all equally--differently, but equally. I love Eddie Murphy as the Fifth Beatle and I love street musicians in Jerusalem playing "Let it Be" on violins (fourteen-years-old, Saturday night on Ben Yehuda street--I still remember those street musicians and drinking hot lemonade at Cafe Atara), and I love "Free as a Bird" even though few others do.
Across the Universe is the epitome of terrible/wonderful Beatles--it's like Capri Sun. You know how as a kid you always wanted to have a Capri Sun in your lunch and then you'd get one for a special occasion and you'd drink it in one gulp and then you'd still be thirsty but endless happy? That's what watching the movie is like--you literally don't absorb it. You can watch it 14 times, play it in the background while you write Tash about the Beatles, and it literally doesn't stick with you for longer than 5 minutes. I love it. Love it.
A few days ago, Lindsay and I were talking about which Beatle we align with the most, which is a more interesting game than which Hogwart house you'd be placed in. She is definitely Paul-like in personality (or what you imagine his personality to be since you only know the public figure). As much as I am attracted to Johns, I am definitely not a John myself. I am so clearly a George, which is also fitting since one of my top 5 Beatles songs is "The Inner Light" (other 4: And Your Bird Can Sing, Ob-la-di Ob-la-da, Here Comes the Sun, and Mother Nature's Son).
Which Beatle are you most like? And if your personality doesn't match with anyone in the band, what would you bring to the band personality-wise as the fifth Beatle?
What are you showing today?
Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (Important: link to the permalink for the post, not the main url for your blog and use your blog's name, not your name. Links not going to a Show and Tell post will be deleted). The list is open from now until late Friday night and a new one is posted every week.
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:
Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Wednesday night (or any time between Wednesday morning and Friday night), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Wednesday night and closes on Friday night.
- You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog's main url--use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good "ooooh" and "aaaah" and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
- Did you post a link and now it's missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.