Warning, a NICU picture below...
I am still pouring drinks at the Virtual Lushary, but now it's time for a little showing and telling.
My big project this summer is making scrapbooks for the twins. I have things written down in a multitude of places and thousands of pictures, but I've never taken the time to put it all together in a book and I want them to have the stories and milestone dates from the first five years of their life. My goal is to complete them before their 5th birthday. I have one book for stories and pictures of the two of them together and then the ChickieNob and Wolvog both have their own.
Please indulge some photos/memories this summer as I find them.
I had forgotten about this picture until I found it on an old disc. I am stroking the ChickieNob's head. I think she was under the bili lights, hence the eerie lighting. Josh took the picture. I look so young, so concerned, so unsure.
In my journal I wrote about their early birth, "It would be like planning a wedding for August and then being thrust into the experience in July. It's not that you wouldn't be happy to be married (and being married is obviously the point of the wedding), but you'd feel cheated out of the end of the wedding planning experience. I still had a lot of dreaming to do before they arrived, and I was really sad that I wouldn't get to feel them inside me anymore even if I was also excited to see them."
What are you showing today?
Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (hint: link to the permalink for the post, not the main url for your blog and use your blog's name, not your name). The list is open from now until late Tuesday night and a new one is posted every week.
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:
Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Saturday night (or earlier in the week or on Monday if you can't do the weekend), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Saturday night and closes on Tuesday night.
- You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog's main url--use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good "ooooh" and "aaaah" and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
- Did you post a link and now it's missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.