I am completely stealing this from Julie from A Little Pregnant. She started (I think she started?) a new list called 15 Things about You (get it, instead of 25 Things about Me). Since it would be sort of impossible to click around and guess about blog readership, I'm using my Facebook group to compile my list of 15 things. If you want to join me on Facebook, make sure you include your blog name in your friend request since I won't accept people I don't know at all.
1. 5 of my Facebook friends have their name on my Ketubah (a Jewish marriage contract).
2. I always imagine one person on the list as a cigarette-smoking Barbie even though I now know what she looks like.
3. One friend lived in the same building in Sunderland, MA but we didn't know each other back then.
4. I had a secret crush on one friend back when we were in school.
5. One friend is the greatest travel partner in the world. Er...I mean, after Josh.
6. One person on the list stole my ring when we were five years old.
7. I was with two people on the list the night A.W. lost her virginity in the next room.
8. When I was 8 years old, I ran through the wishing tree at camp (you were granted one wish by the wishing tree each summer). I wished that when I grew up, a certain boy at camp would kiss me. I took this photo after I told my friends about my wish. They all told me I was stupid and wasted my wish because that boy was never ever going to kiss me because he was so much older than we were.
I didn't see him again for eight years and we didn't keep in touch. One day, we ended up back in the same place at the same time and he kissed me while we were sitting on a rock in the river. He didn't remember me, though I put together who he was about 3 minutes before he kissed me. I tell you this story now because he is a friend of mine on Facebook.
9. One person on the list made me a gorgeous ceramic pomegranate necklace.
10. One person on the list knows the nickname my husband had for me on his old blog.
11. 6 people on the list visited the twins when they were in the NICU. 5 of them are family.
12. 5 people on the list made me love Tina Turner.
13. One person on the list was on the cover of the Onion because I didn't feel like having my picture taken that night and she was overseas and therefore couldn't protest. The photo I chose of her was taken a few seconds after she fell through the cushions on our trick sofa. Our friend at the Onion needed a picture of an angry-looking girl.
14. One person on the list is the reason I went to BlogHer last summer.
15. One person on the list has a defunct blog that I miss greatly. Sometimes I click over even though I know she has stopped updating it. I hate it when blogs close.
What are you showing today?
Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (hint: link to the permalink for the post, not the main url for your blog and use your blog's name, not your name). The list is open from now until late Tuesday night and a new one is posted every week.
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:
Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Saturday night (or earlier in the week or on Monday if you can't do the weekend), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Saturday night and closes on Tuesday night.
- You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog's main url--use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good "ooooh" and "aaaah" and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
- Did you post a link and now it's missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.