Yes, I am finally doing this.
You are also supposed to finish this by tagging 25 people but I feel like I'm the last one to do it so...if you are a slacker like me, consider yourself nudged since you've probably already been tagged.
1. I love long names--the twins each have two middle names for a total of four names each.
2. I have a mortal fear of mayonnaise.
3. I hate surprises so no surprise parties; but I also hate surprises so much that I rarely see a film unless someone else has already seen it and told me everything that will happen. Even with non-scary/sad films. I also made Josh give me a three month window for when he was planning to propose so that I could prepare myself for it.
4. I also don't like receiving flowers. Seeing them outside the house is great. Inside the house, not so much.
5. When I travel, I carry a picture of myself taken in the Galilee after our boat broke down.
6. For the translation portion of my degree, I worked on a project translating the short stories of Etgar Keret and Orli Castel-Bloom. I thought that I'd be a translator after I was finished with school. That didn't happen.
7. I go to Chincoteague every summer. It is one of my happy spaces.
8. Josh and I got married in a library not just because we're both writers, but because the space reminded him of the Long Room at Trinity College and we fell in love over our mutual affection for Ireland. In fact, my sister and Josh found the wedding space while I was in Ireland.
9. I had an audience with the Pope (John Paul II, not the current one).
10. If I wasn't Jewish, I would probably be Quaker. I love going to Meeting and think about it every time I drive by our local Meetinghouse. The thing that stops me from going is that Sunday is my lie-in day and sleep trumps everything else.
11. We rarely get the mail--sometimes a full week will pass before we remember to check the box. The postmaster loves us. This is true even when it's our birthday and we're expecting cards in addition to bills. We are just not mail people. Yet I send out a lot of mail--cards and letters.
12. I can't stand perfume or cologne.
13. I wish I knew how to speak Spanish fluently.
14. I love sea salt.
15. If I didn't get into grad school, I was going to live on a kibbutz for a year.
16. I can't concentrate if there is music or television playing in the background. I need it quiet to think/write.
17. In Gematria, my name adds up to 100 and I've secretly always thought this makes me special.
18. I like clementines but I never eat them because I refuse to peel them. I hate having my hands smell like oranges but don't care if they smell like lemons.
19. I am terrible at judging time or distance.
20. I love to clean. It is one of my favourite things to do. I dream of a night that Josh turns to me and says, "let's clean. All night. Organize the storage room and scrub the floors."
21. I really like going to Disney World. This is a new discovery, but since I decided that I like it, we've been three times.
22. I don't love anything around my neck (including scarves and turtlenecks).
23. I have a really sensitive gag reflex. I am a dream patient for every dentist.
24. My dream is to one day own a shower that has a window in it (positioned high up around head-level). I bathed in a shower like this in Rome and I've never stopped coveting it.
25. I am incredibly loyal. If I have your back--as a person, organization, or product--I'll put your happiness before my own and remain committed always. Even if someone shows me a competing product or organization that I like better, I will stick with the first one indefinitely. And I am happiest doing so.