I am missing the beach this weekend--perhaps it is the rainy, damp weather. The first picture is a sandcastle that we made back in September at Rehoboth (we went to the beach for the hurricane because we're brilliant).
The second picture is of the teacup ride at Funland. We went to the amusement park one night and the ChickieNob braved a toddler boat ride. She decided to ramp it up to the fire engine ride and discovered on the third loop that she was terrified. At first, I thought she was laughing but as she went by again, I could see that she was screaming. I begged the operator to shut-off the ride mid-cycle and I went to scoop her out of her seat.
After she calmed down, I told her that once upon a time, her grandfather had taken me to this very same amusement park to go on the teacup ride. And once the ride began, I became terrifed. He begged the operator to stop the ride and let me off. The ChickieNob and I trekked through the amusement park to face the teacup ride. It looked really small in retrospect. But I loved that I had a father who would get the operator to stop the ride.
What are you showing today?
Click here or scroll down to the bottom of this post if this is your first time joining along (hint: link to the permalink for the post, not the main url for your blog). The list is open from now until late Tuesday night and a new one is posted every week.
Other People Standing at the Head of the Class:
Want to bring something to Show and Tell?
- If you would like to join circle time and show something to the class, simply post each Saturday night (or earlier in the week or on Monday if you can't do the weekend), hopefully including a picture if possible, and telling us about your item. It can be anything--a photo from a trip, a picture of the dress you bought this week, a random image from an old yearbook showing a person you miss. It doesn't need to contain a picture if you can't get a picture--you can simply tell a story about a single item. The list opens every Saturday night and closes on Tuesday night.
- You must mention Show and Tell and include a link back to this post in your post so people can find the rest of the class. This spreads new readership around through the list. This is now required.
- Label your post "Show and Tell" each week and then come back here and add the permalink for the post via the Mr. Linky feature (not your blog's main url--use the permalink for your specific Show and Tell post).
- Oh, and then the point is that you click through all of your classmates and see what they are showing this week. And everyone loves a good "ooooh" and "aaaah" and to be queen (or king) of the playground for five minutes so leave them a comment if you can.
- Did you post a link and now it's missing?: I reserve the right to delete any links that are not leading to a Show and Tell post or are the blogging equivalent of a spitball.